There are plenty of reasons you may want to quit marijuana, but allot of people find it difficult 420 mail order to achieve. So here’s a list of tips and strategies for quitting marijuana, that I found helpful in overcoming my marijuana addiction.
– Firstly I would consider are there any underlying reasons for why you are using drugs? If you are self medicating for either physical or emotional reasons, you may need to take action and even seek specialist professional help to treat the underlying problem.
– Then I would consider how you are going to quit, are you capable of doing it by yourself, or do you need a support group or professional treatment or rehab.
If you chose not to go for professional treatment or rehab, then I would consider doing the following in order to maximize your chances of quitting.
– You need to decide the method you are going use to quit, are you going to gradually reduce the amount you smoke or go cold turkey? Personally I would advise gradually reducing the amount you smoke, as you hit the ground with much less of a thud, suffering less withdrawal symptoms like anxiety and depression, and providing you are able to measure out and stick to reducing the amount you smoke, from what I have read are more likely to succeed this way. I would advise that you do this over a six to eight week period. The option of going cold turkey will get you clean faster, providing you can stick to it and may be better for some, particularly if you have got to the stage where it causes you more distress to smoke than not, this may be especially true for those having a marijuana related mental health crisis. So different things work best for different people, but most will probably find gradually tapering off less stressful and easier to achieve. It’s a personal decision that everybody has to make for themselves based on their situation and what they feel is best for them, but gradually reducing the amount you smoke before you quit, is what I would advise for most.
– Distracting yourself with other things that your enjoy is vital if you are to succeed in quitting, these can include sport, exercise, hobbies, entertainment, books, DVDs, etc. I would say that it’s crucial that you do something that involves some kind of exercise, as your body is really going to be in need of those feel good endorphins it will release.
– Avoid people who smoke dope, if you are going to succeed the last thing you want is to be around others, who are constantly putting temptation in front of you. This is one of the golden rules of giving up any drug.
– Limit your intake of caffeine, start reducing your consumption about 3 weeks before you stop smoking cannabis, this will help reduce symptoms like anxiety and heart palpitations.
– Consume lots of complex carbs, drink lots of real fruit juices.
– Eat healthily, lots of vegetables and salad, maybe supplement your diet with vitamin and mineral tablets. The right diet will really help your body cope better.
– Continue to smoke tobacco if you mix it in with your marijuana, deal with one addiction at a time.
– Whenever you feel the like you are going to crack, try to focus on the reasons why you want to quit. Write yourself a list of all the reasons you can think of why you want to quit and whenever you feel the need read the list.
– Make a list of the top ten or twenty people that are the most important to you, or who you respect the most. Tell them why you want to quit and make a promise to them of when you will quit by, this will give you extra motivation as if you continue to use after that date, you will feel as if you are letting them down.
– Try to establish a connection with people who understand why you feel the need to quit. Establish a support network both online and offline.
– Once you have got to the stage where you have decided that you are not going to smoke anymore cannabis, get rid of all your smoking paraphernalia and equipment, delete or get rid of all your dealers numbers and definitely get rid of any dope you have already got.
– Identify triggers that cause you to smoke, try to avoid those triggers.
– Give yourself a treat for your achievements.
– Organise as much as possible before hand, particularly anything that might cause you upset or stress. Have your house clean, bills paid, do all you can to make it as stress free as possible, don’t expect to get to achieve too much else while you kick the habit, that is the achievement. Take time to accomplish it.