Online video marketing is one of the most powerful mediums on the planet and at the top of the heap, is the video giant YouTube with over 107 million unique visits each month. On average, viewers watch around 65 videos per month. Currently, there is free youtube downloader about 20 hours of video being uploaded every minute and there is a lot of competition. How do you get your message heard in that setting?
In order to be found and then shared (which is really the success formula) you must optimize your videos so that they are found in searches then you must engage yourself in the community. You have to be someone who is well-known and liked. “Wow that was a great video. I am going to send it to all my friends.” The combination of optimization and engaging is really the success formula.
There is one disadvantage to YouTube in that it doesn’t provide the kind of web analytics that you can get for a website. You can get analytics only if you are a branded channel. At the moment, there is YouTube Insight for free and it does provide helpful information but not the full-bodied type that marketers really want; improvements can be made.
There is one excellent case-in-point for the power of marketing with video on YouTube. The producers of Monty Python put a YouTube channel strictly for protective purposes. They wanted to ensure that people were not downloading their content for free.
The idea was that by creating their own channel with high quality content, people wouldn’t be tempted to download bootleg versions. As an after thought, a direct-to-buy-link was added at the bottom of the video. People who enjoyed the video and wanted to acquire the DVD could just click on the button and get directed to Amazon.com; sales went up by 23,000% on the click to buy link.
YouTube is becoming a direct response instrument for certain products, it works well with websites such as Itunes, Amazon and ecommerce stores. One of the most significant trends in search is YouTube; it is the second most popular search engine on the planet with Google being numbers one. There were 3.6 billion searches conducted in July 2009, as a search engine YouTube is not to be ignored it is too big.
YouTube Video Optimizations Tips
Before applying any optimization techniques make sure that the video content is something that a lot of viewers will want to engage in. A lot of marketers just throw their massage out there and hope that a lot of users will watch; that is not enough. What follows are tips to optimize your video for organic discovery, to get better search rankings and to show up more often in the related videos listings.
1. Your creative must be first-rate so that when people watch they a will respond by giving a rating, leaving comments or by sharing your video.
2. The video title, description and tags should be very clear and concise they must describe your video accurately. Use complete sentences whenever possible. Include the date when the video was created and include interesting details which will allow for better indexing.
3. Use tags that are consistent with each other. Some marketers try to attain a large viewer-ship by using keywords that are very popular and are not related at all to each other or to the video. YouTube has measures in place to discourage spamming behavior.
4. Using the embed-this-video option for placing your videos on blogs, websites, Facebooks and the like make it easy for others to share. It will ultimately effect ranking on YouTube and on Google as well. YouTube takes into account video ratings, number of views, and viewer comments as important pieces of data.
5. Another important aspect of the community is being proactive and engaging. When you participate by commenting on other videos you are able to connect with other content that already has a large following.
6. By using annotations, you are able lead the viewer in the direction you want them to. So it’s possible to create a series of videos with annotations which instruct the viewer to jump over to the next video where your message will carry on.
7. It is important that whatever content you upload is not too long. It should be the kind of content that viewers immediately react to. Typically videos that are 2 to 3 minutes in duration perform better those that are 10 minutes long. YouTube uses signals to determine if viewers are enjoying what they are watching and for how long they are watching.