Being eco-friendly isn’t just for the modern day hippie anymore. There are many celebrities that have recognized the importance of being eco-friendly ecostiletto and are now spreading the word to the rest of the world. Here is a list of eco-friendly celebrities and why we love them.
1) Leonardo DiCaprio: If eco-friendly had a name and a face it would go by the name Leonardo DiCaprio. The 34 year old actor exudes what it means to be eco-friendly. He drives a hybrid car and has recently purchased and eco-friendly condo in New York City. What makes this home eco-friendly? The condo has a 24-hour fresh filtered air system, a water treatment facility and rotating solar panels. DiCaprio recognizes the environmental challenge we face because of global warming and has since committed to the environment. He also started the Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation in 1998 which supports environmental causes.
2) Adrian Grenier: This American actor, director, writer, and musician, best known for his role on Entourage, is the host of an eco-friendly series. On Planet Green Adrian Grenier will be hosting AlterEco, a show devoted to the eco-friendly lifestyle. He is backed by a team of green activist, experts and some close friends. The show will document him and his team renovating a 1920’s Spanish home in Los Feliz. The renovated home will be both green and sustainable. Be sure to check this show out to gather some eco-friendly renovating tips!
3) Natalie Portman: If you aren’t a Natalie Portman fan now, you will be soon! This 28 year old Israeli American actress has started her own eco-friendly fashion line. Portman has created a line of vegan shoes. These stylish and sexy shoes are made from alternative materials like faux leathers. Portman and her team of designers didn’t harm any animals in their construction. This eco-friendly vegan is not only environmentally conscious but also socially. She has been praised for her efforts in saving gorillas in Rwanda. Portman has raised the bar when it comes to being an eco-friendly and socially conscious celebrity.
4) Julia Roberts: This “Pretty Women” star has turned into an eco-friendly all-star. She and her husband drive an eco-friendly car, a Prius. She is also looking to build an entirely eco-friendly home in Malibu. Her inspiration to be more eco-friendly came from her children. That has inspired her to purchase more eco-friendly diapers for her young ones. She uses chlorine-free, non-toxic diapers for two of her children and a plastic-free, flushable diaper for another. The flushable diaper is a unique hybrid between cloth and disposables.
5) Cameron Diaz: If you haven’t read her book by now, you certainly should. She has recently published an eco-friendly how-to book called “Green Book.” The book, as I’m sure you have guessed by now, offers ways to make your everyday life greener. From beauty products to household supplies, the Green Book offers 700 ways to make your life as eco-friendly as possible. Not only does she offer her own suggestions but she also features tips from Ellen DeGeneres, Will Ferrell, Martha Stewart and even Justin Timberlake. Check out this book and pick up some great tips!